Friday, June 19, 2009

2 FEATURE VOLUNTEERS

You might remember Kevin Carrigan and Suzanne Vander Wekken. They are coming to volunteer this summer and be a part of our awesome camp programs.

"Hello everyone! If you were around in summer 2007 you may remember me as I was the program director. This summer I am coming back especially to be a speaker for Girls Camp, which in my experience is hands down the greatest camp of the summer! I am excited to get to know all of you who are going to be there.

As a speaker I am especially looking forward to sharing with you some of my stories and things I have learned about God, His unbeatable love and how we can get to know Him in our day to day lives. Hopefully you will have some good questions and stories you can share with me too!


In the meantime, just a bit about me...I have just finished my degree in Recreation & Heath Education and am working on a Healthy Eating project at the University of Victoria. My favorite pastimes are talking with my friends, cycling, travelling (in this picture I am in Guatemala), eating chocolate, and taking photos of people having fun...so watch out for me behind a camera! See all you amigas in July! Suzanne aka Miss Pixie"

"I was the Program Director in 2006 and I love camp and the highlight of every summer for me is when I get to go to camp! I grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver and moved to "The Island" a few years ago. When I'm not at camp, you can find me in Duncan where I work at a church doing youth and music stuff. At teen camp this summer, we'll be having a blast playing wacky games, going tubing on the boat, and getting up to all sorts of chaos and fun!



As well, we'll be chatting about life and what it's all about. We'll be laughing, watching videos, and interacting with each other as we discuss the issues that are important to us as teenagers and young adults. I hope you'll plan on coming to teen camp this summer because it's going to be a blast! See you there!!! Kevin aka Slurpee"

No comments:

Post a Comment